Midwest Energy has installed a new outage reporting system. The new system accepts large numbers of outage calls from customers - up to 32 calls at a time! It automatically relays the information to supervisors. Operations personnel can then concentrate on dispatching crews and restoring service.
How to report an outage
Using the system is simple! Call 1-800-222-3121, day or night. (Live operators will answer your call during non-emergency business hours.) Step-by-step instructions lead you through the reporting process. The greeting will prompt you to the following options:
- To report an electric outage or an electric emergency, press or say 1.
- To report a gas leak or a gas emergency, press or say 2.
- To access automated customer service, press or say 3.
- If you represent Emergency Personnel or Kansas ONE CALL, press or say 4.
Your phone number is our connection to you!
When you call, the system uses a form of Caller ID to identify your account. If your phone number is not recognized, you will be prompted to either enter or speak the phone number or the account number for the outage location. If you choose to leave a message, be sure to provide a contact phone number with area code, the name of the account and the outage location or address.
How to update a telephone number
- Call us at 1-800-222-3121 during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- After business hours, you may access our automated customer service by calling 1-800-222-3121. Select option 3 and follow the instructions.