Automatic Bank Draft
- No late charges if sufficient funds are available in your account.
- Payment is deducted from your account on the due date..
- You will receive a copy of the bill and Current Comments newsletter each month.
- E-bill customers will receive all communications electronically.
- There is no additional charge for Automatic Bank Draft.
- Click for a printable Bank Draft Application or call your local Midwest Energy office.
- View your bill and make payments at your convenience.
- Pay one or several bills with a single transaction.
- Schedule payments for same date or a future date up to the due date.
- When you confirm the "submit" command, your payment is immediately shown as pending. It will normally appear on your history file in two business days.
- You will receive a confirmation number for your records.
- You can update your bank information at any time.
- It is easy and convenient with no additional charge!
Credit, Debit and ATM Cards - Residential Accounts Only
- Click here to pay residential bills with credit, debit, or ATM cards.
- Residential customers may also make card payments by calling 1-877-366-6271 or Midwest Energy at 1-800-222-3121.
- Midwest Energy charges a $3.95 per payment fee for credit, debit and ATM cards. The entire fee is passed through to the payment processor.
- Midwest Energy does not assess fees for use of authorized bill payment options with the exception of credit, debit and ATM cards as described above.
Payment by mail
- Enclose your bill payment stub and a check or money order and mail in the pre-addressed envelope provided with your bill. Please allow 3 to 5 days for postal delivery. Do not send cash through the mail.
Midwest Energy drop boxes
- Midwest Energy provides several drop boxes for bill payments.
- Payment must be by check or money order. Do not place cash in drop boxes.
- Payments made at the drop boxes in Atwood, Colby, Hoxie, Scott City, Phillipsburg, Hays, WaKeeney and Great Bend are processed by the end of the next business day.
- Payments made at other drop box locations are picked up weekdays and mailed to Hays for processing. Please allow 3 to 5 days for postal delivery.
- Midwest Energy payment drop box locations include:
303 Main St.
1125 South Range
1025 Patton Rd.
1330 Canterbury Rd.
210 W. Broadway
208 N. State Street
719 Third Street
204 E. 4th
1301 S. Main
416 Main St.
3204 Ave. E.
Walk in payment
- Customers may use any of the locations designated as "Office" in the above list to make a payment in person.
- We accept cash, check or money orders.
Unauthorized Pay Agents
- Unauthorized Pay Agents may be able to process a payment to Midwest Energy on your behalf and can provide a convenient service to Customers. However, they have no contractual requirement to operate under rules approved by the Kansas Corporation Commission. Midwest Energy provides no assurance as to the timeliness or accuracy of payments made via these agents. Payments made to any bank or financial institution for deposit in, or transfer to, a Midwest Energy account are included in this category. Midwest Energy reserves the right to refuse payments from Unauthorized Pay Agents if sufficient account identification is not included with the payment. Any fees assessed by Unauthorized Pay Agents are the responsibility of the Customer. Any online remittance processor not specifically identified on this website should be considered an Unauthorized Pay Agent.
Online bill payment through your bank
- Your bank or financial institution may offer access through its website to make a payment for your utility bill.
Other payment drop boxes
- Several merchants and cities provide drop boxes for Midwest Energy payments.
- Payments must be by check or money order. Do not place cash in drop boxes.
- Payments made at these drop box locations are picked up weekdays and mailed to Hays for processing. Please allow 3 to 5 days for postal delivery.
826 Washington St.
118 W. Main
1902 Vine St.
721 S. Marsh
406 S. Main
217 East. Avenue South
220 N. Main
117 S. Penn
222 W. Mill
221 W. 5th Ave.
4526 Avenue E