May 17, 2016
Board Approves Rate Schedule Changes
At a public meeting held May 16, 2016, Midwest Energy’s Board of Directors voted to approve changes to rate schedules and terms as described below (follow hyperlinks to see details of each change). Though this was not a general rate increase, some rate values, primarily lighting, were changed.
Electric Rate Schedule Changes
- Miscellaneous edits to Master Tariff, Energy Cost Adjustment, Transmission Delivery Charge, Large Interruptible Service Rider, General Service Small, W Irrigation Service and Recreational Facility Lighting Service.
- General Service Large – Time of Day: Freeze availability to existing customers and revisions to determination of Billing Demand.
- Power factor clauses added to Master Tariff and removed from five irrigation, oil field and general service rate schedules.
- W System Large Power Contract Service and General Service: Edit to or addition of “Applicable” clause.
- Transmission Level Service: Revisions to “Billing Demand” clause.
Consolidation of Street and Leased Lighting Charges for several fixture types (both increasing and decreasing specific charges) and cancellation of several existing schedules.
Terms & Conditions Changes for both electric and natural gas line extension policies to achieve consistency with respect to cost basis and proration of charges, plus miscellaneous edits.