Midwest Energy offers exciting careers in the Electric and Natural Gas industries in dozens of locations throughout Central and Western Kansas. As an equal opportunity employer, Midwest Energy will accept applications and/or resumes for those positions that are open and available to external candidates.
Please forward an application and/or resume with indication of the position of interest to:
Midwest Energy, Inc.
Administrative Services Department
P O Box 898
Hays, KS 67601
or email a resume. (Include your resume in the body of the email, or attach as a .doc file.)
You may also download and print out an application form and an optional application data form in PDF format.
Midwest is seeking an individual to provide maintenance and repair for hydraulic equipment and fleet vehicles. The Vehicle Mechanic repairs and services hydraulic equipment through inspection and diagnosis. The Vehicle Mechanic insures well-maintained equipment and vehicles, to include hydraulic and other aerial lifting devices, for safe, efficient, and effective operation.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Diagnose, maintain, and repair hydraulic equipment, digger derricks, fleet vehicles, and their related sub systems.
2. Assist the Fleet Manager in the vehicle inspection process and follow-up on findings which need repair.
3. Diagnose and repair PTO units, safety switches, hydraulic systems – open and closed center pumps, valves, cylinders, plumbing, hose assembly’s, oils, filtration, hydrostat pumps, motors and controls.
4. Perform preventive maintenance inspections for aerial equipment.
5. Complete paperwork related to repairs and maintenance to include aerial equipment inspections and repairs, shop and truck Safety Data Sheet (SDS) inventory, vendor invoices and purchase orders.
6. Restore equipment to working order, take equipment out-of-service, or return equipment to service as per the requirements of the specific situation.
7. Respond to after-hours service calls as needed.
Education – Experience - Knowledge
1. Post-secondary training/education in hydraulic/vehicle repair. A combination of education and applicable experience may substitute for post-secondary education.
2. Two year’s working experience in inspection, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic equipment and utility vehicles.
3. Specific experience and qualifications in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, and other specialty equipment.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in electrical systems diagnostics, and the ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics as well as use fluid and load testing tools.
5. Experience with utility-type equipment a plus.
6. Fluid Power Society Certification is a plus.
7. Ability to travel, work outside normal week-day hours, and work on weekends or holidays.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in MicroSoft office and computer data base.
9. Must possess a valid Kansas CDL license or be able to obtain a CDL license in a timely manner.
10. Must possess Forklift Certification, or obtain a Forklift certification in a timely manner.
11. Must provide own hand tools.
Abilities and Skills
1. Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication with co-workers and vendors.
2. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
3. Demonstrated ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Midwest offers a comprehensive benefit package. Applicant should submit a resume summarizing their relevant experience and training in these areas, along with a letter of application. This position will remain opened until filled.
Midwest Energy, Inc., an electric and natural gas utility company, has an opening for a Network Administrator in the Hays office.This position will provide assistance to the SCADA System Manager related to system security and reliability. The position will provide backup for the SCADA System Manager in all matters related to the administration of the SCADA system and cyber security systems, and is responsible for the effective and appropriate management of SCADA databases and documentation. These responsibilities include compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards and related internal procedures. This position will work with a cross-functional team to prepare and maintain materials and evidence documentation for audit purposes.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field. Alternatively work experience and/or a combination of education and work experience will be accepted. Two years’ experience in network administration, with exposure to a compliance environment preferred. Knowledge of electric utility industry is preferred. Experience as a SCADA application support specialist or similar SCADA position is preferred. Technical writing experience is desirable, but not required.
Key Competencies: Proficiency in interpreting compliance regulations and effectively implementing and maintaining processes and procedures to meet audit standards. Demonstrated understanding of Bulk Electric System (BES) reliability and cyber security practices required by NERC and the Regional Entity. This competency may be obtained within a mutually agreeable time period. Strong working knowledge of the requirements of a SCADA system in a modern transmission control center, as well as the communications interface between a SCADA master computer and RTUs installed in substations and generating facilities. This competency may be obtained within a mutually agreeable time period. Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to interface effectively and establish effective working relationships with regulatory entities, regional Reliability Entities, external company contacts, customers and employees. Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication to correspond with regulatory entities, external contacts, cross-functional teams, co-workers, and managers. Demonstrated analytical skills and intermediate-level proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Must hold and maintain a valid Kansas Driver’s License.
Occasional work outside normal business hours required. Position is subject to ongoing background and security checks.
Midwest offers a comprehensive benefit package. Applicant should submit a resume summarizing their relevant experience, along with a letter of application. This position will remain opened until filled.